Monday, June 18, 2012

I am a mad scientist in need of test subjects...

So writing is going great, new recipes and ideas are flowing freely and summer sunshine is finally back. While doing all this fun work and finding a renewed sense of myself and my dreams, a small problem has crept up from some dark corner...
Who can I test all this food on?

I have tons of recipes that are just waiting for a hungry soul to arrive and begin eating. The kicker is that in order to do all this while sitting at home, I have to make all my family and friends eat the food. By the time I get through a couple of hundred recipes...everyone is going to be the size of a house. I have and plan on making some very healthy choices for the book and school.

Watermelon Salad With Lime and Mint Vinaigrette
~
Apple and Cranberry Salad
~
Grilled Salmon With Orange & Basil Relish
~
Pan Seared Sole With Zucchini Slaw


(However, good food sometimes means it isn't all low-fat either)


Fall Harvest Pumpkin Bisque
~
Applewood Bacon Wrapped Scallops
~
Whiskey Mashed Sweet Potatoes
~
Cinnamon and Sugar Duck Breast


So, if anyone reading is feeling kind of hungry and wants to volunteer some time towards eating...please let me know!! My other plan which is a new idea as part of the school, would be to develop the ideas and recipes as part of the schools' fund raising program. Preparing the food and serving it at tasting stations inside the dining room. People attending would get score cards to evaluate the different variations of the foods. I know all this is still in the dream phase, it just seems like a really good time to me!! Although, I could just post all these delicious recipe ideas online over at facebook and see what people think of them, Anyone have an opinion on where to start or when you want to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment