* In Europe, people would sprinkle mustard seed across the roof of their homes to keep them safe from vampires.
* In Japan people would scatter beans in dark corners and entrances of homes during the festival of Setsuben to chase away evil spirits
* Coffee grounds spread under the steps of your house will get rid of ants
* When baking, make sure to crush the egg shells!! Or else witches could use the ends to make a boat and sail into the ocean creating terrible storms
* Make sure to never slice a banana, only break it apart. This way you dont have to worry about having bad luck
* Peaches don't just taste delicious but they will also grant you wisdom
* Going bald? Well it is believed that if you pour rum onto your head it will cure those thinning spots
* Ancient Egyptians believed that onions kept evil spirits away and if they made a promise, one hand would always hold an onion.
* The last one and a personal favorite...grow rosemary by the garden gate or entrance to your home. It will chase away evil spirits and provide love and protection to family/friends who enter your home. What's not to like about that one?